Sunday, March 22, 2015

Melbourne Diary III

Day 3 : March 17, 2015 : Tuesday

Told my cousin that I had a spot of shopping to do and would like to get that out of the way so that the remaining time could be kept for sightseeing.  So, off to the malls we went and made a day of it.  There were escalators everywhere and we had to use them to get to the different levels.  ‘Come on, Wendy, you can do it!’ became a rather familiar refrain. I have never quaked so much.  But I am getting used to the beasts.  There are 28 more days to go and I am sure the encounters will increase. I have also never walked so much to shop.  Our conversations went like this: See anything you like? Nope! Okay, next shop!  What amazed me were the prices – everything, everywhere was discounted, even in the larger malls.  Food, too, was very affordable. And everything – or practically everything – is available in amchi asli Mumbai. Had the best fun in the 2$ shops to my cousin’s dismay and her husband’s delight.  You can pick up heaps of stuff and not feel guilty.  It only costs 2$!!!!!!! And for those who love converting currencies that’s under a hundred bucks in Indian Rupees.


Back home. Dinner. More family chat.  Getting addicted to my daily dose of Bailley’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment