Friday, May 18, 2018

TITAN HAS MOST DEFINITELY LOST ITS EDGE



Boosted as the ultra slim watch from Titan – truly world class, unmistakably Titan – it did not come cheap.  But it did come from a brand that had served me well for the best part of twenty years. Unfortunately, this time the brand did NOT live up to its name.

To know the whole story, we have to go back to the beginning.

As a Tata employee, I received Preference Shares when Titan was floated.  Those Preference Shares got me a discount to purchase products from Titan, which I dutifully did.  Result? Some really good wristwatches and Time Pieces for hubby, home and me.  The Time Pieces were phased out and so were the spare parts and when they stopped working, they made the trip to the junkyard where worn out timepieces go. 

The wristwatches have done duty for many a year, without a glitch and only the mandatory battery change.

Now comes the ‘edge’.  This model was a little out of budget but I succumbed – after all it was a Titan and over the years it would be paisa vasool.  Unfortunately, just two years on – and just outside the guarantee period – it stopped working.  Time for a battery change, or so I thought.  While waiting in line, the previous customer, who also came in for a battery change, was told that her watch needed a new motherboard!  I commiserated with her.  It was expensive.  Then I was told the same thing!!  My watch which I had used so carefully and caringly also needed a new motherboard.

A very expensive watch is now costing me money instead of living up to its price.

Shame on you Titan.  You sold me a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment