Friday, February 24, 2012

A year has gone by…



When a loved one passes on, we wonder how we will get through the next few days, the weeks, the months. And, yet, a year has gone by so swiftly.

My husband, Albert, and I had thirty-five years together and so I have a treasury of memories. But when you have been able to share that much time together, you think that you can cheat the clock, one year at a time. After that much time together, you are each other’s comfort zone, each other’s safety net. Albert and I completed each other. Even now, I instinctively seek to share a thought, a moment, an event, an achievement. And I know that Albert is with me, not just as himself but through the family and friends who have reached out to me, have interacted with me and have been so supportive this year gone by. I have felt the love.

This is why I will not mourn a life that is gone; I will, instead, continue to celebrate a life that was lived.

On behalf of Albert and myself: Thank you all and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment